Tuesday 11 December 2007

Mid-week fun

So usually by a Wednesday morning, the initial post-Sunday rehearsal rush of note-making and emailing Holly with absurd questions and suggestions has subsided and "normal life" of work and responsibility has resumed...

But this week, the vivid fantasy world of Everyday Fairytales is still very much at the forefront of my mind. And I'm smiling all the more for that.

Tomorrow evening Holly, Jared, Toby, Chris and I will be 'freestyling' it in Cambridge City Centre from 6.30pm - possibly in the warmth of Lion's Yard although we've yet to hear from the relevant people regarding that. I'm hoping very much we're positioned there as I will be dressed as the Summer Queen and Holly will be my Summer Courtier and, well, Summer Queens and courtiers really don't dress for winter...

Wherever we are, we will take a break from telling our Everyday Fairytale to get back to the basics of total improv. Neither we nor the audience know what will happen - we may end up attempting to purchase things from shops in our silent performance state or we may end up dancing and interacting with the crowds. Madness it may be but it certainly beats sitting at home watching Hollyoaks!

So why not join us? Hopefully we'll brighten a few people's evenings whilst they do the mad pre-Christmas late night shop. Personally I've resorted to mail order and online shopping this year - every time I'm in the city centre I'm dressed like a fantasy character and I'm mute, which makes Christmas shopping a bit harder. Maybe tomorrow evening we'll give it a go...

No comments: